If you have a garage, chances are you use your garage door on a daily basis without really thinking of how big of an impact it has on your life. But did you know that 45% of American homeowners who have garages use their garage door as their primary point of entry into their homes? In contrast, the front door gets so much attention but is only used as a primary point of entry by 35% of homeowners.
That being said, it’s a great idea to invest in ways to boost the functionality, security, and aesthetic appeal of your garage door.
The following accessories can be good standalone purchases or an excellent add-on to a garage door replacement project:
Accessories for Functionality
- Control accessories. These accessories make garage operation easier and more secure. Examples include:
- Keyless entry – a security accessory that allows you to open your garage door using a preprogrammed code as opposed to easily-misplaced keys or remote controls.
- Internet gateway – hooks up your garage door opener to the internet, making it possible for you to operate and monitor your door from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Multi-button remote control – allows you to open and close your garage doors, switch interior lights on and off, and more.
- Battery back-up systems. Integrated battery back-up systems keep your garage door functional even during a power outage. If you’ve ever had your car stuck in your garage because of an unexpected power cut, you know how…
Hope you enjoyed our article titled A Primer on Garage Door Accessories. Besides "A Primer on Garage Door Accessories", feel free to browse our blog for more great content. A1 Garage Doors.
Common garage door repair related FAQ
How long does it take to replace a garage door?
Roughly 3 to 4 hours, if done properly.
How often should my a garage door be serviced?
Your garage door is a large piece of moving equipment made up of many parts. Some families use their garage door more than their front door. We recommend having your garage door and operator serviced every year in order to ensure a properly working door and operator. The noises your door or operator makes are your initial “warning signs” that something is not quite right. The longer you put off the necessary service, the more damage may result.
How long do garage door springs usually last?
The most common torsion springs have an expected life of about 10,000 cycles (one opening and one closing is a cycle.)
What is the life span of a garage door opener?
The average life span of a door opener can vary from 10 to 20 years depending on the model and usage.